I like to cook Pork Belly in my Mealthy Multipot
- Pork belly
- Salt & pepper to season
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Hoisin sauce for dipping
- 1 Bag of Asian slaw or salad from you favorite supermarket
- Asian salad dressing to taste (see below for home made dressing recipe)
- 1 Egg per serving (I prefer quail’s egg but you can use any)
Now Let’s Cook
Cooking the Pork Belly
Season the pork belly with salt & pepper, and add to your pressure cooker with the 2 cups of chicken stock.
I use my Mealthy MultiPot on the pressure cooker setting for 35 minutes.
Let it cool. This can be done the day before, then wrapped and refrigerated.
Once cool, slice of the skin and some of the fat, leaving a good bit on for frying.
Cut in to slices, then place the pork fat side down in a hot pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Turn the heat to medium, cover the pan, and allow the meat to heat for around 4-5 minutes.
When fully heated, remove from the heat carefully and serve with the Asian slaw or salad topped with the egg, and a side of hoisin sauce for dipping.
Asian Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (you can use olive oil instead, but it won’t have the nutty taste)
- 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic (or garlic paste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Shake all the ingredients in a mason jar or whisk until fully incorporated
I hope you enjoy this dish, if so please click the like button or leave me a comment. Also please feel free to share with others using the social media buttons.