This is an easy recipe and a popular starter in Indian restaurants in the UK.
- 2 onions halved and sliced
- 2 cups of Besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 1/3 to 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Vegetable oil to shallow fry in (about 2 inches)
Now let’s cook
Heat oil to 350F
In a large bowl add sliced onion, coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric & chili, mix well. Add in the flour and mix, add some water a little at a time you want a thick mixture. Take a spoonful of the mixture and add it to the hot oil, press the mixture down to flatten it out, do this with the rest of the mixture in batches, frying on each side for 2-3 minutes.
Tip; taste great with jalapeno ketchup