This is a great “easy” shrimp cocktail recipe, which can be made up to 24 hours in advance, and kept in the refrigerator.
- 10 uncooked shrimp, you can use cooked shrimp instead for quickness
- 1 & 1/2 cups of your favorite Bloody Mary Spicy Tomato Mix
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of cilantro
- Wedge of lemon
- 1 or 2 wedges of lime (optional)
- 1/2 an avocado sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of canola oil, you can use olive oil or vegetable oil as an alternative
Now Let’s Cook
Cooking the shrimp
Heat the oil in a pan, I use my MultiPot on the saute setting.
Keeping two of the shrimp aside for decoration, add the remainder to the pan, and cook for a few minutes on each side until done.
Add the chopped green pepper & onion to the shrimp, and cook for around 1 minute until nicely charred, you don’t want them to fully cook.
Alternatively you can use uncooked vegetables for a more crunchy texture.
Let the cooked ingredients cool completely, and add them to your serving dish, I use a margarita glass as shown.
Pour the Bloody Mary mix over the shrimp & vegetables.
If you are making this in advance, cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Just before serving, add sliced avocado, garnish with cilantro, and a wedge of lemon and lime (if using)
Serve with tortilla chips, or alternatively with celery sticks for a low carb option.